IN A NUTSHELL
The Sales Manager will develop and manage Design Hotels'™ commercial business and strategic partnerships by effectively executing sales activities that reflect the DNA of Design Hotels™. Focus will be on uncovering a securing group business to our 300+ member hotels around the world.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Head the group segment within the Americas region and manage relationships with key agencies
- Prepare and implement sales strategies for the group segment while working alongside regional directors and aligning with a global sales team
- Execute sales activities to include sales calls, curated events, and trade shows
- Increase market penetration of the Design Hotels™ brand by expanding current relationships and identifying new opportunities within the group segment
- Project-related activities and research – client prospecting etc.
- Identify and engage new sources of lead generation and trade show opportunities
- Achieve sales and revenue goals within the region and relevant market segment
- Follow the Design Hotels™ reporting structure and procedures, using predetermined formats
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with Design Hotels’™ member hotels and global offices
- Assist in the development, training, and support of interns and trainees
- Database Management
- Update and maintain the Design Hotels sales database
- Support in the maintenance of Salesforce
EXPERIENCE & MINDSET
- Fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the hotel sales industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Hospitality or in a related field
- Avid learner with exceptional interpersonal skills and creative mind
- Team player with a proactive and positive attitude
- Confident public speaker
- Keen eye for identifying new opportunities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- High-quality standards and client orientation
- Great communication skills
PERKS & BENEFITS
- A great experience in the niche market of luxury boutique hotels
- Working with a motivated and international team from over 39 countries
- Great benefits at member hotels and brand partners from employee discounts to special offers, including Marriott Explore rates
- Career development opportunities in an international company
The annual pay range for this position is $70.000 to $80.000.
ABOUT DESIGN HOTELS™
Design Hotels GmbH (www.designhotels.com) is a full-service hospitality consultancy, offering customized services to its member hotels. Under the brand Design Hotels™ the company represents and markets a curated selection of currently more than 300 luxury hotels in over 60 countries. These member hotels are independently owned but united by a commitment to individuality, progressive design, and cultural authenticity. Design Hotels™ embodies the most advanced ideas in the hospitality industry and offers discerning travelers new opportunities and inspiration for both a more conscious travel and lifestyle.
The company has its headquarters in Berlin and branches in Los Angeles, New York, London and Singapore. Since March 2021, Design Hotels GmbH is part of the Marriott International portfolio.
Design Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and practice inclusivity. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and our business needs only.
Please send your application without a picture.