IN A NUTSHELL
As a key member of the Global Digital and Brand Marketing team, the Social Media and Community Manager will develop and implement social media strategy to drive growth and engagement on Design Hotels social media channels.
Working closely with the Brand Communications, Digital Marketing, and Analytics teams, this person balances creativity and commerce, with a discerning eye for aesthetics and what content resonates with our design-driven community.
This role is also tapped into current culture, with the roll-out of a new global content creator program. You’ll manage a network of influential tastemakers to build and distribute distinctive content, ensuring the brand remains at the forefront of culture.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Design Hotels social media strategy to the highest standard, including managing and owning budgets and campaigns, writing captions, and choosing compelling visuals
- Develop original creative ideas that drive traffic and engagement to the Design Hotels website and content channels
- Establish a new global content creator network
- Explore and strategize new social media opportunities e.g. TikTok, Instagram Threads, and other proactive ideas to the table
- Strategic social media advisory for a select group of member hotels’ own direct channels (for our in-house Design Hotels Studio)
- Manage commercial initiatives in collaboration with paid media, CRM, and digital marketing teams to enhance and personalize customer journeys
- Own Design Hotels community management, incl. response and incident management in collaboration with internal communications teams
- Preparation of presentations, related reports, and market research
- An intuitive sense for brand aesthetics and a keen eye for details
- Strong English copywriting and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to engage easily with people and build strong relationships with Community members and business partners, among other stakeholders
- Demonstrate exceptional project management expertise, preferably through prior experience working with Asana
- Possess excellent skills in various social media management and content analytics tools
- Portray an analytics skillset, showing deep interest in research and analysis of brand content
- Tech-savvy with well-honed digital marketing abilities. Demonstrate a keen interest and competency in technology, technological appliances, and community related platforms
- Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom skills (preferred)
EXPERIENCE & MINDSET
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English
Studies, Public Relations, Business Administration, or related field
- 4-6 years working experience in high-ranking, leading community/social media management positions
- In-depth understanding of the digital business landscape within travel and hospitality
- Avid learner with exceptional interpersonal skills and creative mind
- Team player with a proactive and positive attitude
- Keen eye for identifying new opportunities
- Great communication skills in English, additional languages are beneficial
- Dedicated to developing the Design Hotels™ entrepreneurial CRM capabilities
PERKS & BENEFITS
- A great experience in the niche market of luxury boutique hotels
- Working in a motivated and international team from over 39 countries at the global Headquarters of Design Hotels™ located in the creative Media Spree area in Berlin
- Great benefits at member hotels and brand partners from employee discounts to special offers, including Marriott Explore rates
- Career development opportunities in an international company
ABOUT DESIGN HOTELS™
Design Hotels GmbH (www.designhotels.com) is a full-service hospitality consultancy, offering customized services to its member hotels. Under the brand Design Hotels™ the company represents and markets a curated selection of currently more than 300 luxury hotels in over 60 countries. These member hotels are independently owned but united by a commitment to individuality, progressive design, and cultural authenticity. Design Hotels™ embodies the most advanced ideas in the hospitality industry and offers discerning travelers new opportunities and inspiration for both a more conscious travel and lifestyle.
The company has its headquarters in Berlin and branches in Los Angeles, New York, London and Singapore. Since March 2021, Design Hotels GmbH is part of the Marriott International portfolio.
Design Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and practice inclusivity. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and our business needs only.
Please send your application without a picture.