ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
Oslo by Petter A. Stordalen
At the age of twelve, environmentalist and philanthropist Petter A. Stordalen became Norway’s top seller of strawberries. Today, he’s not only preserving the environment, he’s reshaping it with an island hotel that’s setting a new standard for sustainability, art, and architecture. A world-class waterfront hotel in Oslo’s most anticipated cultural hub, The Thief will steal you away from everyday life.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Superior Room with fjord view, including free WiFi and late checkout.
- Complimentary Nordic breakfast.
- Three-course dinner at The Thief’s in-house restaurant Fru K, which takes a contemporary, farm-fresh spin on traditional Norweigen cuisine.
- Free entrance to the world-class Astrup Fearnley Museum of Contemporary Art, which moved into its new Renzo Piano-designed headquarters in autumn 2012.
- "The Oslo Suite" limited edition poster by lauded pop artist Sir Peter Blake.
- Wool slippers by Oslo-based designer Runa Klock.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
PETTER A. STORDALEN PORTRAIT From strawberry seller to Ironman racer to celebrity environmentalist, Stordalen is a man with a story and a new breed of hotelier. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE TJUVHOLMEN Packed with galleries, cafes, boutiques and bars, the former prison islet is now home to one of Scandinavia’s most exciting urban renewal projects. / more »
CURATING A HOTEL The artworks that enliven the walls of The Thief are far from an artless afterthought. They were each handpicked by celebrated curator Sune Nordgren, the former director of Norway’s National Museum of Art. / more »