ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
London by Des Gunewardena & David Loewi
Des Gunewardena and David Loewi made their name crafting London's dining renaissance. Now with South Place, their first hotel, they are forging a new revival and following a lifelong calling.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Two nights for two people in Suite 610, including a glass bathtub, a Bang & Olufsen entertainment system, a private bar, dining table and art collection.
- Three-course Bellini Brunch on both mornings of your stay, featuring delicacies like steak tartar, fried duck egg, truffle risotto and complimentary bellinis, mimosas and proseco while you dine.
- Entrance for two to the Tate Modern and whatever temporary exhibition is heating up the art world, like the upcoming “A Bigger Splash: Painting after Performance”, featuring works by David Hockney and Cindy Sherman.
- Entrance for two to the internationally renowned Barbican Art Gallery.
- Dinner for two at Angler restaurant, the culinary and architectural gem in South Place's crown. Dinner includes wine pairings courtesy of expert sommelier, Benoit Allauzen.
- Guided walking tour of the East End’s storied street art by a local gallerist.
- Choice of dinner for two at classic English eatery Launceston Place, personally cooked by Michellin-starred chef Tim Allen, or a tasting menu with matched wine at foodie hotspot Skylon.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
DES GUNEWARDENA & DAVID LOEWI PORTRAIT How an ambitious Sri Lankan financier and a globetrotting Swiss restaurateur formed a partnership that would reshape London’s hospitality scene. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE CITY OF LONDON Where to find the perfect suit, sip or shave among the gleam and grit of London's financial district... / more »
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS How Gunewardena and Loewi helped create the “destination restaurant” concept twenty years ago, triggering a paradigm-shift in London's dining scene. / more »