ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
A new era of Mayan cuisine
A communal playground for likeminded travelers, Design Hotels’ Papaya Playa Project consists of 80 rough-luxe cabanas on a 900-meter stretch of virgin beach facing the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. From February 21-24, renowned chef Mateo Granados will take over the kitchen, introducing guests to his signature cuisine that weds the flavors of Sonoma with those of his native Yucatán, with a sustainable ethos and a dash of French finesse.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A three-night stay in an Oceanfront Cabaña with Private Bathroom or in a Casita, Papaya Playa Project’s premier accommodations with direct access to the beach via a natural staircase.
- Daily a la carte breakfast, and a Sunday brunch by Mateo Granados on February 24.
- Private arrival gathering and welcome dinner by Mateo Granados on February 21.
- Four-course Latin Fusion Dinner by Mateo Granados on February 23.
- Special farewell gift from Mateo Granados and Papaya Playa Project.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
THE DISH: MATEO GRANADOS After making it big in California, the celebrated chef returns home to Yucatán as guest chef of the Papaya Playa project. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE PUEBLO & PLAYA, TULUM Sea, sex & sun in Mexico's most colorful and creative beach destination. / more »
A MEXICAN BIRTHDAY An instagram photo journey through Yucatan, Mexico. / more »