ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
Tulum by Papaya Playa Project
Last year Papaya Playa popped up in Tulum, Mexico. Eighty-five cabanas were refurbished by the Design Hotels creative team on a 900-meter stretch of virgin beach facing the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. The result is a communal playground for likeminded individuals, a raw white canvas for reconnection with nature and the ultimate beach retreat.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- A five-night stay for up to four people in a Casita, Papaya Playa Project’s premier accomodation with direct access to the beach via a natural staircase.
- Daily a la carte breakfast.
- Sunset dinner at the resort’s private beach, including a bottle of Mexican wine from the Guadalupe Valley.
- Guided tour to Sian Ka’an Biosphere and the fisherman’s town of Punta Allen.
- Guided tour to the Coba Ruins and Mayan Village, including lunch and a swim in a Cenote, one of the region’s sacred sinkholes.
- Dinner at one of Tulum’s culinary hotspots, Casa Jaguar, including signature welcome cocktail.
- Special ceremony at Papaya Playa’s traditional sweat lodge, or Temazcal, led by resident shaman, the Guardian of the Fire.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
DREAMING IN MAYAN A look into the creative inspiration that went into branding the Papaya Playa Project. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE PUEBLO & PLAYA, TULUM Sea, sex & sun in Mexico's most colorful and creative beach destination. / more »
A MEXICAN BIRTHDAY An instagram photo journey through Yucatan, Mexico. / more »