ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
Rügen by Moritz Lau-Engehausen
Architect Moritz Lau-Engehausen never intended to operate a hotel. But after designing and building CERĘS, in one of Germany’s most beautiful seaside resort towns, he stuck around to breathe life into his unique vision.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Four nights for two people in the Sea Deluxe Suite, with sweeping views of the Baltic Sea.
- Daily breakfast and a four-course “Island Cuisine” dinner, followed by a complimentary translucent “Szenecocktail” in the NEGRO-Lounge, each evening.
- Private 45-minute flight over the island to the famous White Chalk Cliffs, including shuttle service to the airfield.
- An exclusive boat tour along the White Chalk Cliffs, including snacks, punch and shuttle service to the harbor.
- Sea salt scrub and warm hydromassage in the thalassotherapy tub at the hotel’s state-of-the-art SENSO SPA.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
MORITZ LAU-ENGEHAUSEN PORTRAIT How the Hannover-bred architect threw out the rulebook and constructed an island hideaway that is a breathtaking tribute to sea and sky. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE RÜGEN Where to shop, stroll and explore among the rugged beauty of Germany’s favorite island. / more »
RÜGEN—THE ONCE AND FUTURE ISLAND It may be a lush Baltic paradise, but Rügen’s history is as checkered (and fascinating) as its landscape is varied. / more »