ORIGINAL EXPERIENCES » VIEW ALL
Venice by Marianna Serandrei
Under the audacious eye of Marianna Serandrei, Ca’ Pisani has become both an international art hub and the initiator of a new Venetian élan—ancient repubblica reinvented as cultural oasis.
THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Three nights in a Junior Studio or Duplex with buffet breakfast.
- Dinner with Ca’ Pisani co-owner Marianna Serandrei at La Caravella restaurant, part of Ca’ Pisani’s sister hotel, the Saturnia, and one of the best in town.
- A four-course meal with wine pairing at Osteria I Rusteghi, famed for its 500 varieties of fresh-made paninetti.
- A guided tour of the Dosoduro neighborhood with celebrated local artist Robert Morgan, who moved from the US to Venice in the early 1970s. He will walk you through his local spots of inspiration and then take you to his studio, the former residence of the Italian painter Filippo De Pisis. Among Morgan’s friends and teachers were Luigi Tito and Edward Melcarth (who created the famous glasses for Peggy Guggenheim). Joseph Brodsky, the Nobel Laureate, dedicated his 1992 book on Venice “Watermark” to him.
- A half day spent discovering the lagoon with Riccardo Palma, local architect, computer expert, diving fishing master, and connoisseur of the most hidden parts of the lagoon. Explore the North Lagoon, the Southern lagoon, or see the places where Ernest Hemingway used to go hunting—all this in a cofano, a small traditional motor boat with which Riccardo will pick you up near the hotel.
ALSO ON MADEBYORIGINALS.COM
MARIANNA SERANDREI PORTRAIT The eldest member of the fourth generation of her family’s Venetian hotelier dynasty, the free-spirited art-lover has infused the property with a fresh creative spirit. / more »
NEIGHBORHOOD GUIDE DORSODURO Wine, gelato, jewelry, and more in this peninsular slice of authentic Venetian life. / more »
COLLECTOR’S EDITION When it comes to design, Ca' Pisani marches to it's own beat with an unexpected mix of playful, bespoke design elements and carefully preserved, centuries-old architectural details. / more »